Thursday 12 August 2010

How Should You Follow Up on a Cloud Computing Lead?

Over the past year I have listened to many vendor webinars talking about their cloud computing solution story. After the call I always get an e-mail or phone call trying to see my needs. This follow-up is very good as the purpose of these webinars is to obtain leads and the follow up process is to qualify these leads.

Until yesterday, none of these calls were of any value to me. Some vendors called and promised to connect me to their product folks to give me more information but nobody ever contacted me. I replied to some vendors e-mails but they do not follow up. Other vendors call using some call center employee who cannot answer a simple question about what the product can do.

Earlier this week I listened to an interesting webinar from Aplicor and Gartner. Lisa DeVinney from Aplicor looked me up on LinkedIn before calling, understood my background and we had a great conversation about their CRM product. It got my attention that not only is is a SaaS solution but it also has a good implementation story in the automotive industry that I used to cover in my previous job.  As the automotive industry recovers, OEMs can surely use a domain-focused solution to help them take advantage of customers coming to replace their age-old vehicles with new cars that they have been putting off buying for a while now.


https://cloudcomputing.sys-con.com/node/1490568


Join Us: http://bit.ly/joincloud

No comments: